Friday, November 12, 2010

Reasoning

Reasoning by Analogy
Premise one: Dustin likes to skateboard.
Premise two: Allen likes to skateboard.
Conclusion: Everyone likes to skateboard.

Sign Reasoning
Premise: The room filled with sunlight.
Conclusion: It must be morning.

Casual Reasoning
Premise one: Burger King closes at seven o'clock
Premise two: It is eight o'clock
Conclusion: Burger King is closed for the day.

Reasoning by Criteria
Example: Mandy is super girly and likes flowers. You should get her something with a floral print on it.

Reasoning by Example
Taylor is super talented with the guitar because she took lots of lessons. If you want to be good with an instrument like Taylor, you would have to practice.

Inductive Reasoning
Premise one: Christian goes jogging every morning.
Conclusion: Christian will go jogging tomorrow morning.

Deductive Reasoning
Premise one: All new employees has to report to the store for orientation on Thursday.
Premise two: Matthew is a new employee.
Conclusion: Matthew has to report to the store for orientation on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog on reasoning by analogy. I like how you organized your blog. I think how for each example, you stated which sentences was the premises and then provided the conclusion. I enjoyed reading each of your examples on the different type of reasoning; I think they were all well written. I like how each example is easily related to. I like you reasoning by example. It can easily be related to everyone in class because you have to work hard to be good in something. Overall, I think you did a great job on summarizing how to reason by analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I thought your post was really good. I found it really interesting. It was very easy to read. It was not all bunched together were it would be hard to understand. I liked how in your examples you put which was the premise and which was the conclusion. That was really helpful for someone who doesn't understand and is still trying to grasp which is which. Your post made it easy for someone who did not get this section. I also liked the examples you used. They were things that people could relate to. I like how you made it clear which analogy you were giving the example for. Your post was just a really good read.

    ReplyDelete